19 Aug 2014
- Take a glimpse at
HACKINGs, documents and wikis
- Grep the bug list, and see if anything interests you.Also you can look for
easy diagnostic bugs. Pick one or two, learn how to reproduce a bug,
understand it and try to fix it.
If a bug has been assigned and you’re interested, I suggest contacting the
assignee. They might be happy to offload the work and assist you with the
- Read through header files, test cases and then source files
Thanks to the discussion of cfe-dev
09 Aug 2014
A new site, namely llvm.cc, is up now.
However I cannot affort a authored SSL certificate currently. If you prefer to
HTTPS, please add an exception for https://llvm.cc or visit http://ssl.llvm.cc
to grab our self-signed CA certificate. Thanks!
29 Jun 2014
Pro: Why TDD
- A significant advantage of TDD is that it enables you to take small steps when writing software.
Con: Less is More
- The tests are code. Developers write code. When developers write code they insert about three system-affecting bugs per thousand lines of code.
Different Kinds of tests
- Unit Tests
- Functional Tests (similar to unit tests)
- Regression Tests (similar to unit tests)
- Coverage Tests
- Classical Points
- Modern Views
05 Jun 2014
* Download Xcode 6 Beta 3 link
Edited: Requirement of a valid iOS/Mac Developer Program is not needed
####Switch to Xcode 6 as default (optional)
* You can
xcode-select /Applications/Xcode6-Beta.app/Contents/Developer, if you want
* and you would use
xcrun swift instead of the soft link after that.
* Switf - Apple
* Chris Lattner on Swift
* Swift vs Scala 2.11
* Swift – observations from Rust’s original designer
* Swift Cheat Sheet
* Inside Swift
* The Swift Programming Language Book online iBook
* Using Swift with Cocoa and Objective-C pdf iBook
* Swift Blog
03 Jun 2014
How to modernize C++ Code is quite interesting topic especially when to deal
with a large codebase.
This list below should be short and clean.
Where are we going?
- Ancient C Code, or ANSI C Code
- C++98 Code, or C99 Code
- C++11 Code, or C11 Code
- C++11 Compatible Code
- C++14 Compatible Code
Let’s head on!
nullptr instead of
- Use range-based for loop
enum class instead of plain
- Use anonymous namespace for static functions of global scope
using instead of
- Use STL algorithm, e.g
- Use lambda and
- Use static assertions
override keyword to virtual methods
explicit keyword for constuctors and conversions
noexcept keyword for move contructors and other cases
- Move please
- Focus on algorithms
- Benefit from concurrency
Look into it
- move or copy ?
- default constructors and destructors (C++11 or C++14?)
- universial reference
- perfect forward
- future and async of C++11
- metaprogramming :-p